My Science Signaling
The "My Science Signaling" tools allow you to customize the Science Signaling to suit your individual needs. Some of the features are free (Etocs and CiteTrack Alerts) and some require registration (My Directory) and some require a paid individual subscription or registration with access through an institutional site license to Science Signaling (My Folders, My Display Settings, and My Saved Searches).
The various tools available to you are:
- My Directory Information takes you to an online form where you can indicate what information should be diplayed in the Science Signaling Directory. Any information supplied in the form will be visible to other Science Signaling users. We encourage you to choose from the drop-down lists so that your record will be available from the various browse menus at the Directory. This feature requires free registration.
- My Folders takes you to an electronic filing cabinet. This feature allows you to sort resources at Science Signaling into folders that you create. Folders allow you to quickly access to information that is organized according your personal preferences. This feature requires an individual subscription or registration with access through an institutional site license.
- My Alerts takes you to an online form where you can choose to sign up to receive weekly electronic table of contents (etocs) alerts for Science Signaling by e-mail. You can also receive Citetrack alerts, which are alert messages based on information of your choosing that notify you when new resources that meets your designated criteria are added to the Science Signaling site. This feature is completely free, just use your e-mail address.
- My Display Settings takes you to a location where you can specify how to limit search results based on your personal preferences or based on the date of your last visit. At My Display Settings, you can choose a subset of journals in the Virtual Journal to limit search results to only those only from your chosen journals. This is also where Science Signaling reports what it considers the date of your last visit. This is important for using the search results limiter called "Show me New Since My Last Visit results" on the search page. This feature requires an individual subscription or registration with access through an institutional site license.
- My Saved Searches takes you to a location where any searches that you have chosen to save can be executed, deleted, or the saved search's criteria can be viewed. To save a search, click the "Save this search" link from the left tool bar after you have performed a search. This feature requires an individual subscription or registration with access through an institutional site license.
You can also get additional help with these personalization features:
Contact information for AAAS membership, Science Signaling subscriptions and passwords are accessed from the subscriptions page.
To purchase an individual subscription to Science Signaling to take advantage of these personalization features from any computer, please use our online order form. Alternatively, if your institution has a site license to Science Signaling, please register (to obtain a free username and password) or use your Science Online username and password to access these features from any computer covered by the site license.