Odor Coding by a Mammalian Receptor Repertoire
Harumi Saito, Qiuyi Chi, Hanyi Zhuang, Hiro Matsunami,* and Joel D. Mainland*
*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail:(J.D.M.) and (H.M.)
This PDF file includes:
- Fig. S1. Dose-response curves of all 340 odorant/receptor interactions showing significant receptor activation.
- Fig. S2. Odorant clustering based on receptor response.
- Fig. S3. Receptor clustering based on response to odorants.
- Fig. S4. Outline of the screening procedure.
- Fig. S5. A phylogenetic tree of all 464 receptors in the screening library, as well as 1425 intact mouse and human ORs.
- Fig. S6. Sensitivity-ordered tuning curves.
- Fig. S7. One-dimensional tuning curves.
- Fig. S8. Two-dimensional tuning plots.
- Fig. S9. Snake plot comparison of ligand-specificity-determining residues.
- Fig. S10. EC50 values for 62 odorant receptors and 63 odorants.
- Table S2. Odorants used to screen the receptor libraries.
- Table S3. The numerical EC50 values (log M) displayed in Fig. 1.
- Table S4. CAS registry numbers for 2683 odorants used to estimate the size of odorant space.
- Table S5. Sixteen amino acid property descriptors that explain more than 53% of the variance in our data set.
Updated 4 May 2009
There was an error in the code that generated the original Figure S10. A version of the Supplementary Materials with the correct Figure S10 is available.
Format: Adobe Acrobat PDF
Size: 9,422 KB (Original PDF)
Size: 9,222 KB (Corrected PDF)
Other Supplementary Material for this manuscript includes the following:
- Table S1. Multiple alignment of all 464 receptors in the screening library, as well as 1425 intact mouse and human ORs (PDF and FAS format).
- Table S3. The numerical EC50 values (log M) displayed in Fig. 1 (Microsoft Excel format).
Format: Compressed ZIP
Size: 664 KB