Structure of a Pentavalent G-Actin•MRTF-A Complex Reveals How G-Actin Controls Nucleocytoplasmic Shuttling of a Transcriptional Coactivator
Stéphane Mouilleron, Carola A. Langer, Sebastian Guettler, Neil Q. McDonald,* Richard Treisman*
*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail:(N.Q.M.); (R.T.)
This PDF file includes:
- Fig. S1. CD spectrum for MRTF-A RPEL domain.
- Fig. S2. Arrangement of actin molecules and structural subdomains in the pentavalent actin•RPEL assembly compared with those in the actin filament.
- Fig. S3. Individual RPEL motifs and their extensions engage one or two actins within the pentameric complex.
- Fig. S4. Comparison of pentavalent and trivalent actin•RPEL domain complexes.
- Fig. S5. Actin S2 exhibits higher temperature factors than other actins in the pentavalent actin•RPEL domain assembly.
- Fig. S6. TLS refinement shows higher mobility of actin S2 in the crystal lattice.
- Fig. S7. Comparison of the interactions of RPELs and spacers close to the C terminus of actin in the pentameric actin•RPEL domain assembly.
- Fig. S8. Size exclusion chromatography of G-actin•RPEL peptide and actin•RPEL domain complexes.
- Fig. S9. Nuclear import properties of spacer mutants.
- Fig. S10. Relationships of the actin•RPEL assemblies to import and export.
- Legends for movies S1 and S2
Format: Adobe Acrobat PDF
Size: 1.13 MB
Other Supplementary Material for this manuscript includes the following:
- Movie S1. The pentavalent actin•RPEL domain assembly.
- Movie S2. RPEL-actins R1, R2, and R3 align around the crank axis, in intimate contact with the RPEL domain.
Format: Quicktime Movie. Files are packaged as a compressed archive, in *.zip format; users should download the compressed file to their machine and decompress the file on their local hard drive, using the instructions below.
Size: 5.37 MB (compressed); 5.43 MB (decompressed)
Instructions for downloading and decompressing files:
- Create a temporary folder on your machine's hard drive.
- Save the compressed archive to the temporary folder you created, using the links above.
- Decompress the compressed file in the temporary folder using decompression software such as WinZip (Windows; www.winzip.com) or StuffIt Expander (Windows and Mac; www.stuffit.com).
Citation: S. Mouilleron, C. A. Langer, S. Guettler, N. Q. McDonald, R. Treisman, Structure of a Pentavalent G-Actin•MRTF-A Complex Reveals How G-Actin Controls Nucleocytoplasmic Shuttling of a Transcriptional Coactivator. Sci. Signal. 4, ra40 (2011).